World Kindness Day is celebrated on the 13th of November each year. It is an international observance that was introduced in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement. It is celebrated in several countries, including Australia, Canada, the United Arab Emirates, and Nigeria. In 2009, Singapore observed this day for the very first time. India and Italy are the other two nations to observe the day. In the United Kingdom, it is fronted by David Jamilly, who, along with Louise Burfitt-Dons, co-founded Kindness Day UK.
World Kindness Day 2023 Date
In 2023, World Kindness Day will be observed on Monday, 13 November. WKD is being observed to call attention to promising acts in the community focusing on the cheerful energy and the joint line of compassion for good that binds us. Kindness is a basic part of the human necessity that bridges the divides of race, religion, gender, region, and politics.
World Kindness Day History
The Small Kindness Movement scheduled a summit in the middle of the 1990s. The members consented to bring on attendees from around the globe to assemble and share their knowledge with the kindness activities they had turned on in their own countries.
In 2010, at the proposal of Michael Lloyd-White, the NSW Federation Parents and Citizens Association penned to the Minister of The NSW Department of Education to establish World Kindness Day on the NSW School Calendar.
World Kindness Day Celebrations
Educational institutions from around the world are now observing WKD. Besides, many work with regional NGOs, for instance, Life Vest Inside in the USA and the Be Kind People Project. Some of the famous WKD events include THE BIG HUG, Global Flashmob, card exchange, handing out Kindness Cards, and random acts of kindness.
How to Celebrate World Kindness Day
Below we have given you 5 best ways you can opt to celebrate World Kindness Day:
1. GIVE A GIFT
Gift-giving is one of the greatest ways to spread kindness. It is a fantastic manner to show caring and love. Try gifting to the people who are often love-deprived. It is special and impactful, so consider doing this on Kindness Day.
2. SPEND SOME TIME WITH OTHERS
Time is one of the most valuable things you have, and sharing it with others is a delightful way to portray your thoughtfulness. Perhaps your loved ones, coworkers, or neighbors are going through a tough time, sit with them and ask them politely about their problems. If possible, give them suggestions or help them with their problems.
3. SUPPORT SOMEONE FINANCIALLY
Granting capital is an incredible way to bless someone’s life. You will find a lot of people around you who are struggling with money problems. Share kindness by helping them financially which possibly benefits them to stay strong.
4. SEND FLOWERS TO FRIENDS
You may have a group of close buddies, but your busy working life keeps you far from them. This day provides you with an opportunity to share kindness with them all. Send them a bunch of flowers attached with a note. This will convey your love and care for them.
5. DEDICATE A DAY TO SPREAD POSITIVITY
Kindness has become a rare abstract in a world full of negativity. Use WKD occasion to revive the noble act of humanity. Share every activity you have done on this day on social media using hashtags like #WorldKindnessDay or #WKD.
Happy World Kindness Day 2023 Wishes, Messages, Greetings
Here are some beautiful and motivational Wishes, Greetings, and Messages for World Kindness Day to share with friends and family:
- Happy World Kindness Day! Never let go of any opportunity to conduct even the tiniest deed of kindness. Because no matter how little it is, it will never get frittered.
- Kindness is a powerful language, a language that a deaf can hear and a blind can see by heart. Happy World Kindness Day!
- Kindness is an invisible act and noble virtue that is never demolished. It retrieves you at an unexpected time in an unexpected form.
- Fetching a smile to your face and contentment to your heart. Be Kind Today and Always. Happy World Kindness Day!
- On World Kindness Day, I pray that God blesses us all with the virtue of kindness. Always help people, and always do good because it will change the atmosphere around us.
World Kindness Day Status, Captions 2023
Below are some incredible World Kindness Day Statuses and Captions for you to share on social media to raise awareness of the act of kindness:
- If you have the prospect and resilience to be gracious to people, be that with all your heart and soul. Greetings to All on World Kindness Day!
- The vastly meaningful pillar of humanity is kindness. As humans, we must never fail to be kind to any living creature around us. Happy World Kindness Day!
- Humanity is founded on kindness in every life. It is the lone way to keep emotions alive. Happy WKD! #WorldKindnessDay
- A kind SOUL can never harm anyone. Be kind today as it costs nothing but brings happiness. #WorldKindnessDay2023
- On this World Kindness Day, let's promise to be kind not only to humans but also to every living creature in our environment.
World Kindness Day Quotes
Here are some meaningful and inspiring Kindness Quotes that you can share with your loved ones on World Kindness Day to spread kindness:
"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind." — Henry James
"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees." — Amelia Earhart
"How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time." — Morgan Freeman
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." ― The Dalai Lama
Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are." — Harold S Kushner
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." — Robert Louis Stevenson
"The small act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." — Oscar Wilde
The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer. ― Mahatma Gandhi
"To kindness and love, the things we need most!" — Grinch
"Together we can change the world, just one random act of kindness at a time" — Ron Hall
In the concluding section, we can say that World Kindness Day is made to bring a smile to everyone's face and contentment to your heart. Therefore, leave all the negativities not for anyone else, but for yourself. Always BE KIND. Happy World Kindness Day!