Quaid-e-Azam Day is an annual celebration held in Pakistan on December 25. Pakistan commemorates the birthday of Muhammad Ali Jinnah on this day. He is considered the founder of the country and was given the title ‘Qaid-e-Azam’, which means ‘Great Leader'. The commemoration of Jinnah's birthday began in 1942 during his lifetime and has continued since then. The birthday event is attended by the government and the public where the national flag is hoisted on architectural structures such as private and public buildings, especially on top of the Quaid-e-Azam House in Karachi.
Quaid-e-Azam Day (Jinnah's birthday) 2023 Date
Jinnah's Birthday is observed in Pakistan every year on December 25 to commemorate the birthday of Pakistan's founder, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the Quaid-i-Azam (Great Leader). It is officially known as Quaid-e-Azam Day and sometimes Quaid Day. It’s a national celebration with many events across the country. This year, Quaid-e-Azam Day will be celebrated on Sunday, December 25, 2023.
History of Quaid-e-Azam Day
Muhammad Ali Jinnah (1876–1948), the first governor-general of Pakistan, was the founder of Pakistan. He is one of the most revered leaders in the history of the country. It is often referred to as Qaid-e-Azam, which means "Great Leader". In 1942, several events commemorated Jinnah Day, on his birthday on December 25. The All India Muslim League on this day organized a fund for the poor while Liaquat Ali Khan held a reception for the leader.
At the Wellington Pavilion in Delhi, the Muslim community also held a reception for Jinnah. Since then, many events were held annually on December 25 to honor Jinnah’s life. These include receptions, parades, commemorations, speeches, and other acknowledgments of world leaders.
What is Quaid-e-Azam Day in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, Quaid-e-Azam Day is celebrated annually on December 25, the birth anniversary of Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He is considered to be the founder of the country, and is known as ‘Qaid-e-Azam’, which means ‘Great Leader’.
Why is Quaid Day celebrated?
Quaid Day or Quaid-e-Azam Day is celebrated annually on December 25 as a tribute to the great leader of Pakistan. It is a public holiday in Pakistan that commemorates the birthday of Muhammad Ali Jinnah who was the founder of Pakistan and a politician, lawyer, and the first governor-general of the nation.
Jinnah's Birthday Celebrations and Traditions
A public holiday in Pakistan, which is celebrated throughout the country falls on Christmas Day. Pakistani citizens celebrate both holidays on December 25th. The main celebrations and traditions on Quaid-e-Azam Day include the –
- A joint ritualistic gathering of prominent leaders, military chiefs, and members of the public was organized at Mazar-e-Quaid and aimed at showcasing the life of Jinnah in all public and private sectors.
- Schools, colleges, and universities remain open to organizing a wide range of events, such as debates, seminars, and exhibitions to participate in individual venues other than office use.
How to celebrate Quaid-e-Azam Day
Below we discussed 5 best ways to celebrate Quaid-e-Azam Day:
1. Learn about Jinnah
Firstly, you should read about Muhammad Ali Jinnah to realize who Jinnah was. You can learn about him online or through many books.
2. Visit Mazar-e-Quaid
It is the place where the great leader Muhammad Ali Jinnah is resting. Visit the Mazar (tomb) and pray for the salvation of his departed soul.
3. Attend an exhibition about Jinnah
Usually, an exhibition on Muhammad Ali Jinnah is organized in every district. So, attend your nearest exhibition to know many unknown things about him.
4. Organize an event
You can organize an event at your local university to honor the founder of Pakistan. Choose an option among debates, discussions, symposiums, seminars, and conferences.
5. Share #quaid hashtags
To spread the greatness of Jinnah around the world use the hashtags like #quaid, #quaideazam, #jinnah, etc.
Happy Quaid-e-Azam Day 2023 Wishes, Messages, Greetings
Quaid-e-Azam day is a national holiday to celebrate Muhammad Ali Jinnah's birthday. Below are some Quaid Day wishes, messages, and greetings to share:
- We thank our Quaid Mr. Jinnah for gifting us with Pakistan. May our Quaid be blessed with high ranks in Jannah. Happy Quaid-e-Azam Day!
- Happy Jinnah Day! We are forever indebted to Quaid e Azam Jinnah for separating us from Hindu Supremacist India.
- Merry Christmas and happy Quaid Day! In particular, the rights of minorities should be protected and Jinnah's vision should be upheld throughout the year.
- Happy Jinnah Day! Celebrate the day to make Jinnah’s dream and vision for Pakistan a formidable reality, with courage and perseverance.
Happy Quaid Day 2023 Status
Share your thoughts on social media and encourage everyone to uphold Jinnah's dream. Below is a collection of statuses on Jinnah's birthday:
- Forever indebted to you, the Father of our Nation. Happy birthday, Quaid-e-Azam!
- Life with bondage is like a body without spirit. Thank our great leader for giving us freedom. Happy Quaid Day!
- Happy Quaid Day, Pakistan! We are undoubtedly a lucky nation to have one of mankind’s greatest political leaders as Quaid!
- A leader like Muhammad Ali Jinnah born is born in centuries. Happy birthday Quaid-e-Azam!
Quaid-e-Azam Day 2023 SMS
Text your loved ones and patriot friends some heartwarming wishes on the birthday of our great leader Mr. Jinnah. Below we added a few short messages (SMS) on Jinnah Day:
- He is a true hero, an excellent lawyer, and a very inspiring leader. Happy Jinnah Day!
- Happy Jinnah Day! Hail the man who taught us the meaning of freedom.
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah, with his keen vision, indomitable will, wisdom, commitment, and courage, we got a free nation. Happy Quaid Day!
- Jinnah dreamed of Pakistan emerging as an independent democratic country where the rule of law prevailed. Happy Jinnah Day!
Quaid-e-Azam Day Quotes
Below is a collection of quotes on Jinnah and inspiring speeches by the great leader:
“Gandhi died by the hands of an assassin; Jinnah died by his devotion to Pakistan.” – Lord Pethick Lawrence
“Although without Gandhi, Hindustan would still have gained independence and without Lenin and Mao, Russia and China would still have endured Communist revolution, without Jinnah there would have been no Pakistan in 1947.” – John Biggs Davison
“Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.” – Prof. Stanley Wolpert
“Democracy is in the blood of the Muslims, who look upon complete equality of mankind, and believe in fraternity, equality, and liberty.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
“You will have to make up for the smallness of your size by your courage and selfless devotion to duty, for it is not the life that matters, but the courage, fortitude, and determination you bring to it.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
“You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or any other places of worship in the State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed—that has nothing to do with the business of the state.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
The big day of December 25th is all about celebrating Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ. But Pakistanis have twice as many reasons to celebrate the holiday. It is because December 25 also marks the birth anniversary of Pakistan’s Founding Father, Quaid-e-Azam e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah!