World Mental Health Day is observed on the 10th of October each year. It is an international day for mental health education, attention, and support against social stigma. It was initially observed at the endeavor of the World Federation for Mental Health in 1992. It is a worldwide mental health association with members and contacts in over 150 nations. Every year on this day in October, thousands of proponents come to observe this day to raise awareness of mental illness and its significant impacts on people's lives globally.
World Mental Health Day 2023
World Mental Health Day in 2023 will be celebrated on Tuesday, 10 October 2023. It is observed by the World Health Organization, the World Federation for Mental Health, and Member organizations of WFMH. This day provides an excellent opportunity for mental health activists to talk over and focus on their work, making mental health a global priority.
History of World Mental Health Day
Mental Health Day was initially celebrated on the 10th of October in 1992. It was initiated by the Deputy Secretary General Richard Hunter. Until 1994, Mental Health Day had no certain theme. However, there was a general promotion of mental health advocacy and awareness of the public.
World Mental Health Day Theme 2023
World Mental Health Day has been celebrated with a theme since 1994 at the suggestion of then Secretary General Eugene Brody. It was "Improving the Quality of Mental Health Services throughout the World". The theme for 2022 was, "Make Mental Health & Well-Being for All a Global Priority". For 2023 the theme has been set by the World Foundation of Mental Health and it is "Mental Health is a universal human right".
How to Observe World Mental Health Day
Below we have discussed 5 best ways to observe World Mental Health Day:
1. Learn about your mental health
Make yourself aware of your mental health conditions as it could be one of the most sensible things you can do for yourself. You can do so by taking an online mental health guidance. It is best to professional help through the form of therapy.
2. Donate to a charitable trust
Support a mental health organization both financially and physically. Make a difference by donating to a non-profit organization or supporting a community of individuals who are affected by mental illness through an aid fund.
3. Share your stories
Share your experiences and stories of how you coped with the mental illness. It will spread awareness and encourage people to share their experiences with mental health to be shared on various events and programs.
4. Attend an event
Engage in mental health-related events or seminars as it is a great way to spread awareness about mental health issues.
5. Join in a group meditation
Meditations are always better options to lower one's long-term stress. Do some selective meditation to make it one of the most helpful ways to tackle the issue.
Happy World Mental Health Day Wishes, Messages 2023
Below are some beautiful and meaningful Mental Health Day Wishes and Messages for you to share with your loved ones:
- Wishing you an encouraging World Mental Health Day! Let's take an oath that we'll never take mental health lightly.
- A healthy person is one who is fit both physically and mentally. Happy World Mental Health Day!
- On the occasion of World Mental Health Day, let's never forget mental health is crucial because it is the most important.
- Look after your mental health as it is very important for a sound body. Warm wishes on World Mental Health Day!
- Observe your friends from work or college who are down. Give them your back. Happy World Mental Health Day!
World Mental Health Day Status, Captions 2023
Here are some Mental Health Day Statuses and Captions for you to share on social media to raise awareness about mental fitness:
- Money can buy you anything but not a peaceful mind. So all of us should give up unnecessary thoughts and do the little things that make us happy. #WorldMentalHealthDay
- Nothing is as complicated as our own web of thoughts. Practice meditation and lead a worry-less life. Happy World Mental Health Day to all!
- Let's make each and every one of us learn that mental health needs to be taken care of. #WorldMentalHealthDay2023
- Medicines are not always what we require but we require peace of mind, peace of body, and a peaceful and healthy life. Happy World Mental Health Day!
- Giving support and time to the people who are having mental illness on Mental Health Day.
World Mental Health Day Quotes
Here we compiled the most inspiring and motivating Mental Health Quotes to send your friends and family on World Mental Health Day:
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." — Albus Dumbledore
"There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t." — John Green
"Nothing can dim the light that shines from within." — Maya Angelou
"You can be everything. You can be the infinite amount of things that people are." — Kesha
"There is no standard normal. Normal is subjective. There are seven billion versions of normal on this planet." — Matt Haig
"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health." — Voltaire
"A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ." — John Steinbeck
"The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are." — Maxime Lagacé
"A healthy outside starts from the inside." — Robert Urich
"A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned." — Naval Ravikant
In the concluding section of World Mental Health Day, we can say that the day is supported by WHO through raising awareness on mental health problems. Use the day sensibly to build strong relationships with your surroundings.